It's my hope in 2014 that we make progress on how we treat ourselves, one another, relate to each other online and live our lives. The other day Jasmine commented on a photo I took as part of the #AllThingsNew14 challenge saying I was one of the most intentional people she new. My thought was, goodness. I do try to live with great integrity and intention, but it is a constant refinement. A total work in progress. I learn a lot of lessons with what I do wrong as well as what I do right. If I were to be honest, probably more from what I do wrong.
This year I hope to work on these eight things to help make my life and business better.
- Negative Self Talk - we ALL have these negative tapes in our head that make us discount what we are capable of, but there are tools and skills to quiet them. I choose to meditate, but you might find a different path.
- Gossip - You KNOW that if you are gossiping with someone they probably gossip about you. Find a way to stop that in it's tracks.
- Snark - Yes, we all want to be funny, and some of us genuinely are, but being mean to be funny is so 2013! Let's try to be a bit kinder this year.
- Numbers Over Relationships - we all want followers, isn't that what the internet has done, made us into mini celebrities, but what we aim to gain is real relationships with really amazing people if we give up the numbers and focus on the intention to make good relationships happen.
- Complaining - a total waste of time.
- Self Righteousness - I have to be careful with this one. I can easily go from confident to self righteous in a nanosecond. We all have experience, beliefs and ideas that we honor and cherish. There is no right way to peel an apple (even if Martha says there is). Let's give each other a little room.
- Disregarding the Good - delayed in traffic, stuck at the airport, our project is derailed, our kitchen isn't big enough... blah. These are all not real problems. Stuff slows us down, life isn't exactly how we want it to be, we don't have all the stuff we want. So? There are amazing things happening right around us. Let's take a moment to be grateful for the good.
- Bragging - we all need to self promote if we are working, but there is a point when we go too far and just show the shiny part of our lives. Perfect house, perfect kids, perfect job, perfect everything - well because I know everyone does a whole lot of number 5 and 7 things can't be all that good. Instead of always tooting your own horn; just let the good work unfold and you will be rewarded richly.
Here's to hoping that 2014 is everything you want it to be and that we all do a little more towards refining who we are in this world. What an amazing opportunity we have to connect, dream big, and be the best we can possibly be each moment of every day!